• May 3 - Awards Night - 7:00p.m.

• May 5 - Seniors Last Day

• May 23-25 - Final Exams

• May 25 - LAST DAY OF SCHOOL

Filed under Sports

A Good Start to Track Season

Track may be forgotten with baseball and soccer in the spring, but it is a hidden strength for Mount Michael. The first meet of the year was Saturday March 18th. The team did better than expected all over the whole meet. The throwers, jumpers, and runner all had a good day overall

The thrower Taylor Davis ‘19 had a good day. Taylor Davis was the only one of the three to show up on time but they all performed well. Davis ’19 threw a 41’6” in shot put. In discus Davis threw 115’2”. Davis ‘19 is a returning varsity thrower and looks to improve a lot over last year. Davis ‘19 looks to go to state this year and place in a lot of meets

The jumpers had a day they have never had before. Joe Hitzemann ‘19 and Alex Crnkovich ‘19 both did the long jump, high jump, and triple jump all in one day for the first time ever for both of them. They both did very well however. Hitzemann ‘19 was doing triple jump and high jump for the first time ever. Crnkovich ‘19 did high jump and long jump for the first time ever. They also look to do well this year and go to state.

Nick Carson ‘17 placed first in the 3200 meter dash. Carson ‘17 ran very well the first part of the race and kept pace with a runner from Norris. On the 2nd to last lap he forgot the number of laps he had left. Although, he was told how many he had left and he sped up on his last lap and conquered the Norris runner.