Filed under Opinion, Showcase

The Greatest Holiday? Why It’s Halloween

Students rave at the Mount Michael Halloween Dance. This year, the dance took place on Halloween which is a rare occurrence.

Halloween can be the best time of the year if you do it right. Now that we have grown up and the majority of us do not go trick-or-treating anymore, we have to find out how to have fun in different more creative ways.

I have articulated three reasons why Halloween can be thought of as bad. Reason number one: Halloween takes place as fall morphs into the winter season which creates a giant obstacle. We, all of a sudden, go from long sleeves to coats and a coat won’t even keep you from being cold it will only go as far to keep you from freezing to death.

Reason number two: Do we get the day of or after off Halloween? The correct answer would be no so sadly we still have to complete our homework the day of halloween and sadly I have to go home at the early time  of 10 o’clock and that early of a curfew makes for an extremely boring night.

Reason number three: Traumatizing movies and television shows. If I turn on the television on Halloween it would take less than five seconds to find a show that is a little too spooky to watch alone. Keep in mind that I do not hate Halloween but in order for there to be good there has to be bad as well.

I am a Halloween lover and I can’t count the the number of reasons I love Halloween on my hand but I will give you my three favorite ones. I want say that I love having to wear multiple layers to stay warm so that I can just change my outfit by taking a layer off which could be a costume or just your layer of extra clothes.

On the rare occasion that they come out with a good movie on Halloween you  can give it a watch. If the movie is good you can just sit and enjoy and if not you can always just laugh at the mistakes of the movie with friends. But I can not stress enough the best part of Halloween which are girls.

Girls love Halloween and they just wanna hang out with guys at haunted houses or Valla’s or just watch old scary movies which allows for you to pull the ol’ yawn and stretch the arm so that it winds up around a girl. And I would recommend visiting your local Walmart or Target to get a nice pumpkin spice scented candle to really set the mood if your picking up what I’m putting down.

To you Halloween may just be an excuse to not do homework or hangout with people on a school night but whatever you do it should be something fun because all in all it is just a fun night that should be enjoyed by everyone. And on another note I would encourage all of you to go to the Halloween dance because for once the dance is actually on Halloween. This is something that everyone should take part of because of the rarity of two events finally lining up almost never happens and it will be an absolute blast.