Students Gain Appreciation for New Battle Royale Game

Back to Article
Back to Article

103/237 students were sent a four question survey regarding Apex Legend Play since February.  Often when new battle royal games students spend hours playing.

103/237 students were sent a four question survey regarding Apex Legend Play since February. Often when new battle royal games students spend hours playing.

Lucas Lynes

Lucas Lynes

Lucas Lynes

Hearts  race, palms  sweat, and there is only one squad left in the arena. Becoming a champion in the newest battle royale game, Apex Legends is a rush. So I am glad Electronic Arts along with Respawn Entertainment released it on February 4th, 2019.

I am more glad they didn’t shove it down the throats of millions of people in  T.V. commercials and internet

ads. In fact, this turned out to be a marketing win, as  the low cost of advertising. In place of the typical ads, , Electronic Arts paid top video game streamers to play Apex Legends a few days before the initial release which turned out to be a big success based on the feedback of the gaming community.

Although there is just about every type of battle royale game out there, Apex Legends adds a new feature, character individuality. Which means there are several characters to choose from, each offering different strengths allowing for multiple play styles to be utilized. This is very good because it keeps the encounters and team composition fresh, and adding longevity to the game,

Another aspect that Apex Legends capitalizes on is, the ability for the team to revive their teammates even if the player is completely killed and looted by the enemy team. This makes the team play better compared to other battle royale games such as Fortnite  because if a teammate is eliminated, then they have to sit out until the game is over. Therefore, the teammate and the reviver feel better about the match because all of team is present.

Apex Legends  hit 50 million players in less then a month, and Respawn Entertainment  confirmed several additions to the game: a new map, a seasonal battle pass, and the release of new legends to play and master.  

At Mount Michael over half (51%)  of the 100 surveyed students said they played Apex Legends. Personally, I have really enjoyed the game, the controls feel very comfortable, the loot boxes add an additional supplement to grind for, and the fact that the game is free to play allowing for everyone to participate.